Players of the game • Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson threw for a career-high 293 yards, but more importantly, two touchdowns...
Players of the game
• Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson threw for a career-high 293 yards, but more importantly, two touchdowns in the final eight minutes as Seattle came back from a 13-point deficit.
• Tom Brady attempted 58 passes, second-most ever thrown by a Seahawks opponent. He completed 36 of those passes for 395 yards.
Play of the game
Seattle had the ball just past midfield, facing first-and-10 with 1:27 left when Wilson faked a handoff to Marshawn Lynch, dropped back and looked deep to see Sidney Rice alone behind the defense. Rice had made a double move, faking a corner route and when Patriots safety Tavon Wilson reacted, Rice turned inside and ran right by him for a 46-yard touchdown catch.
• Seattle won despite allowing 20 or more points. Entering the game, the Seahawks were 3-16 under coach Pete Carroll when the opponent reached that plateau.
• Seattle scored on its first two offensive possessions, scoring 10 points in the first 13:10. That was the most first-half points scored by the offense in any game this season.
• Doug Baldwin had 60 yards receiving in Seattle's first five games this season. He had 74 yards receiving on two catches during Seattle's second possession of the game.
By the numbers
137 Minutes Seattle's defense went without allowing a touchdown, stretching from the fourth quarter of the Sept. 24 game against Green Bay until the first quarter of Sunday's game.
130 Yards Seattle gained in the final 10 minutes of the fourth quarter.
35 Yards Seattle gained in the first 20 minutes of the second half.
CB Byron Maxwell aggravated a hamstring injury, S Kam Chancellor suffered an elbow injury and G Paul McQuistan had a sore knee but was able to finish the game.
"There's no moment that we're going to turn things all around. We're just trying to keep growing and getting better. We're a young football team that knows how to hang, and we're really tough. That's going to give us a chance in every game." — Seahawks coach Pete Carroll
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||5:20 p.m.|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||10 a.m.|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|